Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"Mom-a-licious" Moms Graber & Tauber

While I don’t have the time to be witty and type a whole lot today since I am still plowing through the vacation laundry, have a playdate arriving momentarily, it’s my turn to shop and cook for my Wednesday Dinner Swap (see my post from March 18) and it’s entirely too gorgeous a day to be sitting in my office, I did want to let readers know about two local mom-a-licious friends who have some interesting things going when it comes to feeding our families…

Cobie Graber has become the "Alice Waters" of New Canaan, working her little tail off to reform the food in our public schools and create an Edible Schoolyard that would be a hands-on learning experience for our children, across all areas of the school curriculum. But, she needs our help to enact change and get this off the ground. If you’d like to join her efforts or keep abreast of what she is working towards in the realm of school food and an Edible Schoolyards in New Canaan, please send her an email with your name, email address and phone number.

Another busy New Canaan mom, Jennifer Tauber, posts a weekly suggestion of recipes that she’s making for her family on her blog. Recipes ideas are nice, but what I love about her weekly musings is her commentary. This week focuses (both humorously and informatively) on how cooking at home is the new “it thing”. Jennifer introduces readers to a ton of information she culls from magazines, websites and the like. Think of her as your personal clipping service, with a healthy dose of wit and humor.

The wealth of knowledge, passion and willingness to share helpful information from moms around town never ceases to amaze and enlighten me.

No comments:

Post a Comment